- Property Search
- New Developments
This beautiful 5 bedroom family home was designed and built with the environment in mind. The environmentally friendly design includes virtual water independency with a huge rain water collection and treatment system. This stunning stand-alone and private property is set back off Nandi Road in a quiet and peaceful area of Karen providing a optimal location for those commuting to Westlands and the Industrial area whilst still enjoying all the benefits of being in Karen’s leafy suburbs.
The house is built in modern and contemporary style with an abundance of natural light and open plan space. We particularly love the huge covered terrace, a fabulous area for alfresco entertaining and enjoying the beautiful garden.
Ground floor comprises
• Entrance hallway
• Open plan dining area and lounge with a fireplace and views of the garden
• Voluminous covered terrace with mazeras floor and an outdoor fireplace
• Open plan kitchen with granite counter tops
• 2nd kitchen and separate pantry
• Visitors restroom
• Guest bedroom with en-suite bathroom
• Study room or family room
• Light natural wood flooring throughout the ground floor
First floor comprises
• 4 bedrooms are secured upstairs behind a large sliding security door.
• Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and walk-in cupboard.
• Two further kids bedrooms with a shared bathroom.
• Guest bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
• Staff accommodation for two with facilities and a common room.
• Sheltered car port for 2 vehicles.
• Professionally designed security system with vibration sensors to all doors and windows, discrete CCTV, security lighting, electric gate, electric fence and strong room.
• 2 x 200L roof mounted solar water heating units with electrical boosters.
• Davis and Shirtliff drinking water purifier
• Back up power “room”, buyers can install either inverter or generator based on their requirements.
• Cabro driveway and electric gate
• The roof contains thermal insulation and solar water heating.
• City Council water connection with a 70,000 rain water storage tank. Said water is then filtered before being used in the house.
The Southern Bypass can be reached in under 5 minutes, this is key to providing optimal commutes to Westlands, Jomo Kenyatta Airport and the Industrial area.
Schools within the immediate vicinity include The Waldorf School and West Nairobi Academy. The Banda Hillcrest and Brookhouse can all be reached within a 12-20 minute drive.
There are myriad shopping options including the malls at The Waterfront and The Hub, Karen Provision Stores and Phoenix Hardware.
Dining options with a 5-10 minute drive include the always glorious Talisman Restaurant, Asmara and Karen Blixen Coffee Gardens.