- Property Search
- New Developments
This glorious Palladian style 7 bedroom family home is located in Laikipia in Central Kenya and boasts views of both Mt. Kenya and the Aberdares. Built in the style of an English Manor house the property offers luxurious proportions and superior finishing. Set on the banks of the Burguret River the property provides a prestigious haven of tranquillity and privacy with panoramic views along the valley.
• Main entrance door of Mvuli hardwood leads into the entrance lobby.
• Spacious naturally lit family kitchen with island unit. Stunning hardwood countertops and butler sinks give an elegant and rustic characterful feel.
• 2nd kitchen for preparation of meals replete with fitted appliances.
• Open plan kitchen links to orangery and informal family dining area.
• Formal dining room boasting the Mt. Kenya view with fireplace.
• Formal living room with grand fireplace and double doors out to a covered veranda.
• The semi-circular verandah has 180 degree views to the east – south – west including Mt Kenya, the Burguret River Forest and the Aberdares mountains.
• Wood panelled study with library shelves, a mahogany partners desk and fireplace.
• Media room equipped with 5.1 surround sound system, electric drop down 110” glass beaded screen and HD projector.
• Cloak room with ample coat hanging hook
• Separate WC with traditional elevated pull chain cistern
• Utility Room with a large boot washing sink and boot racks and seat. A fishing rod rack is fixed to the wall.
• The utility room leads through an arch-topped door into the back hallway containing stairs to the 1st floor apartment and onto the laundry.
• Billiard room contains a 12 x 6’ full size billiard table, fully reconditioned in UK in 2011. Beneath the billiard room is a 100,000 ltr water storage tank capturing rainfall fed from the gutters around the entire house.
• Master suite comprises a spacious bedroom with fireplace, 8ft picture window facing Mt. Kenya with remote controlled electric blind. Dressing room and full en-suite bathroom with a balcony with views of Mt. Kenya.
• The principal guest bedroom is South facing with fireplace and double French doors leading onto semi circular balcony with 180 degree panoramic views of Mt Kenya, Burguret River, Aberdares.
• Spacious North facing bedroom with en-suite bathroom and views over the swimming pool and formal gardens.
• 2 further bedrooms, both with generous proportions and en-suite bathrooms.
1st Floor Apartment – West Wing
• Self-contained apartment with fitted kitchen, living room with dining table.
• The bedroom and ensuite bathroom are to the west and have views over the pool and kitchen garden.
1st Foor Studio – East Wing
• Spacious open plan studio with cathedral style roof. Cypress wood flooring and a compact shower / WC room. The studio has access onto the master bathroom balcony and also a staircase down to the orangery. The studio is currently used as children’s play area but has been used as yoga / pilates studio and as an artist’s studio.
This distinctive home could also serve as a boutique hotel and is ideal for those who pride themselves on elegant entertaining. A true masterpiece created for a rare lifestyle to be enjoyed and appreciated.
Pool & Poolhouse, Gym and Kitchen Garden
• 20m x 3m lap pool with solar water heating and salt water chlorinator system.
• 12m x 6m pool house with fireplace and rosewood bar leading into fitted kitchen. Changing rooms though Lamu style carved doorway having tiled shower, WC and wash basin, towel racks and baskets.
• A 6m x 6m gymnasium with wall to wall rubber flooring. A multi-gym, Livestrong spinning bike and elliptical trainer, power plate and rowing machine. Also a ceiling swivel mount for punch bag, wall mounted rings for elastic stretch bands and a competition table tennis table.
• The kitchen garden is to the West of the West wing and features raised beds for cultivation of fruit and vegetables for the house.
• The owners have been growing culinary herbs and successfully exporting to supermarkets across Europe.
• Rosemary, mint, lemon grass, broad leaf thyme, dill, coriander, sage and French tarragon are some of the herbs that are grown at the farm.
• The farming areas are drip irrigated and can be cropped or transformed into ornamental garden space.
• The farm yard comprises a handwash area, drip irrigated propagation beds, 12m x 6m polytunnel with misting line and 6m ISO container tool and fertiliser store. This is further served by a DSQ and office block with garage and workshop area.
• The packhouse and cold room is M&S Field to Fork compliant. The unit includes rodent proof crate store, changing rooms for field workers and for clean packers. Packhouse and cold storage room with capacity for 2 tons of fresh cut herbs.
• Water reservoir of approx. 1,000,000 litres fed from the borehole + Burguret River.
• The borehole is 175m deep with a solar powered down hole pump fitted at 60m depth.
• The property is being sold with all the fitted appliances. Purchasers have the option to acquire the property with the majority of the furniture as per the marketing photographs for an additional sum.
• Sanyati electric fence with unshortable energiser and fence alarm system
• Borehole with WRMA approval & Solar powered pump
• Septic, 5 chamber bio digester septic system
• Electricity – 3 phase KPLC supply with transformer
• 3 separate solar hot water systems
• Helipad – To the west of the main house and below the kitchen garden is a helicopter landing site on the lawn. The landing site is suitable for: H125, H130, Bell 407, H135 and H145 helicopters.
• The property, swimming pool and herb farm sit on two agricultural freehold titles comprising 18.6 acres and 10 acres respectively.
• Both plots are owned through a limited company. The company has a 10 year lease on a further 24 acres and is for sale by separate negotiation.