- Property Search
- New Developments
Beautifully built 4 bedroom family home sitting on nearly one acre of land in a prestigious development of 5 homes located off Ndege Road, Karen.
Description & Accommodation
• 4 bedrooms (4 en-suite) double-story house with much character and charm. Elegant hardwood flooring and large airy windows throughout.
• Immaculate exterior with beautifully landscaped and maintained lawn and garden with mature, indigenous trees and pond.
The ground floor consists of a large drawing room with double entrances to the covered veranda and an archway into a separate bar area. This provides a large well-laid-out area for entertaining.
The fireplace in the drawing room is duplicated with a fireplace on the veranda. There is generous separate dining room, entrance hall, kitchen, dhobi and store area and Guest Suite. There is also a separate downstairs cloakroom.
The upstairs area comprises a large family room and veranda, master bedroom suite with an attractive bay window sitting area, two en-suite large bedrooms and a study. The study could convert to a fifth bedroom.
Attractive beamed ceilings are a feature in the family room and bedrooms.
All kitchen and bathroom fittings have been imported and the floors throughout, where they are not tiled, are Asian teak which is one of the hardest woods available. The kitchen is fully-fitted with granite work-tops, generous storage areas, and an Elba top-of-the line cooker with gas oven, electric support oven, and a range of gas burners, all in stainless steel and with heavy-duty hob.
Amenities and services of the development
• An elegant dry-stone-wall entrance leads through a gate on to a cabro-paved drive.
• The guard house is manned 24/7, operates CCTV and houses water and electricity metres
• The development has its own borehole and there is a 65,000 litre water reserve by the guard house which will pump directly to the five houses. Each house has:
– Separate underground tanks (2) for rain water
– Separate tank for borehole water.
Technical specifications of the property
• Solar Panels backed up with immersion heaters provide hot water for all three upstairs bedrooms; the downstairs guest suite has an immersion heater and the kitchen has an under the sink instant hot water heater.
• State-of-the art Inverter backup system providing seamless power. This system with 8 batteries installed has been proven to support a 72-hour power-cut with lights, TV and refrigerator supported throughout.
• Generous garden store attached to SQ’s
• Two modern domestic staff quarters with individual shower/toilet facilities for each room and communal kitchen
• Carport for 2
This is a multi-occupancy development that is being created by the company and properties are being offered for sale by way of 99 year leases. Together with the lease the leaseholder automatically becomes a shareholder and owns one fifth of the company. The company, through the shareholders, is responsible for the rates, security and other central facilities of the complex. A “Rules of Body Corporate” lays the agreed rules for peaceful enjoyment of the estate and governs the conduct of the owners and such matters as cutting of trees or building within the individual plots.